Saturday, March 13, 2010

Historic Preservation at the City Cemetery

Well DAR did it again with the help of my husband and Dory Brown's husband Steve. Not to mention a lot of power tools! We were able to clear a large section of Privet, small trees and briar's. Did I mention briar's. Jason and I are covered in scratches. Even I may add on my face. Laurie was on fire ant duty and Dana, our esteemed president, and Mary Ann were scrubbing old gravestones. Jason brought the water tank on the back of his gigantic army truck, called a Deuce, I think. This allowed them to pump water to the stones for cleaning.
We are really making progress but this is literally going to take a year or more. It is a much bigger cemetery than people realize.
We also uncovered 3 new grave stones which is always fun. It is almost like they call to you. Over here, over here, me next, me next. What fun! Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment